LADS BREWING COMPANY LTD ADVISES THE DISTRICT LICENSING COMMITTEE THAT THE FOLLOWING STEPS WILL BE TAKEN TO MINIMISE THE HARM FROM ALCOHOL AND PROMOTE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT:
- We will ensure that all staff are conversant with the requirements of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 (the Act), which prohibits any sale of alcohol to minors (under 18’s). This will include instructing them that:
- Anyone appearing to be under 25 years will be asked to produce identification before being allowed to purchase a beverage.
- Identification of the prescribed type (New Zealand photo drivers licence, a passport, NZ Access Card, HNZ 18+ card) will be requested if any doubt as to age exists.
- Staff will be required to complete the ‘Servewise’ training offered at alcohol.org.nz
- The training will be on going with re-fresher courses run every 6 months and added to our training register.
- Signage will be displayed at points of service stating that minors will not be served
- Staff will be instructed that intoxicated persons must not be allowed entry to the premises or served alcohol and intoxicated persons must not remain on licensed premises
- Signage will be displayed at points of service stating that intoxicated persons will not be served
- All staff will be trained how to recognise the signs of intoxication
- Any person displaying two or more signs that their Speech, Coordination, Appearance or Behaviour is affected will not be served any further alcohol and the duty manager will be called to assess that person.
- Any intoxicated person found on the premises will be taken to a place of safety on the premises or if safe to do so will be removed from the premises.
- Alternative drinks and food will be recommended by staff when a person shows signs of being influenced by alcohol.
- Regular checks will be made of the toilets to prevent and detect persons taking drugs or becoming intoxicated.
- Signage will be displayed advising the range of food available
- We will always have available for customers at least 3 different substantial types of food.
- The food available will be as set out in the Menu attached to our application.
- The food available will be promoted throughout the premises and staff will actively encourage the consumption of food to slow the onset of intoxication.
NON-ALCOHOL AND LOW-ALCOHOL BEVERAGES & WATER
- We will stock a range of non-alcoholic and low alcohol beverages. These include our Lads 2.5% Little Lager, coke, sprite and orange juice.
- We will ensure that our staff are aware of the options available.
- Tap water will be provided free of charge at the bar to all patrons.
SAFE TRANSPORT OPTIONS
- We will ensure that information on public transport options is available, including an A4 poster displayed in 2 of the following locations – by the main bar, and in the bathrooms. The poster will include an anti-drink driving message and taxi contact details and the location of the nearest taxi rank; and advice that staff are available to give further information.
- A telephone is available should customers wish to call a taxi
- We will ensure that our staff are instructed to give advice to customers on the transport options available.
SAFE DRINKING ENVIRONMENT
- We will ensure that empty glasses and bottles are cleared promptly
- Violent, quarrelsome, insulting, or disorderly customers will not be tolerated on the premises and will be removed regardless of whether they are intoxicated or not.
- We will regularly check to ensure that the toilet facilities are kept clean safe and available
AMENITY & GOOD ORDER
- Staff will be instructed to be mindful of the need to manage noise so as to not disturb our neighbours.
- Customers will be reminded of the need to be considerate of neighbours.
- Bottles will not be emptied into outside rubbish bins at a time that could annoy neighbours
- The exterior of our premises will be kept clean and tidy
Members of the police, compliance officers from the Medical Officer of Health, and licensing inspectors visiting the premises will be given every assistance to conduct their business.
No promotions that encourage the rapid consumption of alcohol or an excessive volume of alcohol will be initiated or carried out by any staff member.